Our next get-together will be:
Wednesday 30th July 2014 at 7.30pm
upstairs in the Urban Tap House, 25 Westgate Street, Cardiff CF10 1DD.
If you’ve anything you’d like to show off or talk about – work-in-progress games, or games-related topics, or anything at all, really – let us know.
View Larger Map
There’s a fantastic lineup at this year’s Wales Games Development Show – along with our local talent, the lineup of speakers now includes:
- Mike Bithell (“Thomas Was Alone”)
- Gary Napper from Creative Assembly (“Alien: Isolation”)
- Michelle Ducker from Media Molecule (“Tearaway”)
- Manesh Mistry from UsTwo (“Monument Valley”)
- the BAFTA Keynote will be from Mitu Khandaker-Kokoris from Tiniest Shark (“Redshirt”)
- Byron Atkinson-Jones from Xiotek Studios will be running Unity tutorials.
So why haven’t you booked yet? Get tickets here.
We’re getting together with GamesDev North Wales to go to the pub! After the BAFTA Cymru Games and Interactive Awards at the end of the Wales Games Development Show, we’ll be in the pub with a whole load of the show exhibitors, speakers and attendees. Come along – you don’t even need to have made it to the show (But if not, why on earth not?)
We’ll be upstairs in Terra Nova in Cardiff Bay from 8pm on Friday, July 11th.
Our next get-together will be the TIGA Q&A session:
Thursday 26th June 2014 at 6pm in the Digital Cardiff Showcase, The Courtyard, County Hall, Cardiff Bay, CF10 4UW. (In the County Hall building opposite Atlantic Wharf.)
Book a place here. It’s free, but you’ll need to register.
TIGA are coming to Cardiff to meet local developers and to host a Q&A session on the new games tax relief – invaluable stuff if you run a business or are considering setting one up. There’ll also be a panel on growing your games studio. Alongside that, local developers will be talking about their companies – some of them are hiring, so, graduates, make sure you come along and find out what they’re looking for!
Afterwards it’ll be followed by a networking and drinks session, during which students will be showcasing their latest work.
A bunch of announcements today:
- We’ve already mentioned the meetup in Swansea with Rockstar North and Rogue Vector on the 11th June.
- On the 17th of June, Cyfle are hosting a masterclass with Ste Curran on the current state of the games industry and advice on building games. Find out more here.
- On the 26th of June, TIGA are coming to Cardiff to discuss growing a games studio and the new tax breaks for the industry. Local companies will be talking about what they’re up to, and students will be showing off their work. We’ll post more when we know more!
- The Wales Games Development Show 2014 has been announced - confirmed speakers Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) and Gary Napper (Alien Isolation). The BAFTA Wales Games Award will end the show, and then GDNW and GDSW will be in the pub. Tickets are here, or take a look here if you want to exhibit.